Welcome to Starfleet

Welcome to Starfleet is a interaction/character-development based Star Trek RPG set in the year 2391 using TV-canon with a TNG era feel. We provide a great setting for exploring and enjoying your characters' daily lives as well as the ability to progress your character through their career from a playable Starfleet Academy experience all the way up to becoming a Captain and running your own ship.

Starfleet Academy
00 M
00 F
USS Dalnyr
00 M
00 F
ERV Hippocrates
00 M
00 F
Bastagia
00 M
00 F
Human
00 M
00 F
Non-Human
00 M
00 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Plotting suggestion: School work, anyone?, Because our characters need practice too
Cadet T'Rya
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 02:48 AM

Age //43.42

Height //1m78/5ft10"

Bday //Jul. 23rd

Position //Cadet Class II Cultural Studies

Species //Vulcan

Homeworld //Vulcan

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

T'Rya + UTC + 1 + 212 posts

Hey everyone smile.gif

Perhaps it's a side effect of my exams, but I've been thinking lately that we rarely see our characters actually doing school work inrp (aside from the occasional mandatory or homework thread). So I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a thread in a class context. Not a lecture, obviously, because that would be boring. I was thinking more of either a simulation or a dropping-like exercise anywhere on earth (if SFA has those). Scenario would depend on the characters you'd be interested to throw in, since the general idea is that the exercise should be useful to all of them.

Let me know if you're interested, whether with a cadet to throw in the mix or with a staff member to play DM with his students. smile.gif

PS: I'm not forgetting all the other posts I owe to all of you, I promise!
PM
^
Ens. Vixen Night
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 10:52 AM

Age //27

Height //5'2"

Bday //04/06

Position //Biologist

Species //Human

Homeworld //Earth

No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending

Bella + UTC +9:30 + 489 posts

oooooo sounds like fun smile.gif
It would have to be Jussori as I still haven't done Toz app for the academy yet.
PM EMAIL
^
Cadet Sophia Nemard
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 02:50 PM

Age //20

Height //5'6"

Bday //2/17/2174

Position //Medical Cadet

Species //Human

Homeworld //Luna

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it's called the present.".

Selah + Alaskan + 60 posts

Actually doing school work? When Sophia is a bookworm? Count me interested!!!

Can you think of anything other than the tutoring bit? I mean, I'll do it, but it'd be hard finding a subject that Sophia's not at least competent in (since she's kind of a Hermione). Anything math-related is a safe bet considering that I have to RP to my own IRL knowledge bases as well, or at least what I deem easily Google searchable on the stuff I don't know. Math and engineering are not any of those easily researched subjects (for me at least). >,>

This post has been edited by Sophia Nemard: Jun 5 2018, 02:53 PM
PM EMAIL
^
Cadet Jeera Kell
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 03:01 PM

Age //24

Height //5'8

Bday //13th December

Position //Navigation/Science Cadet

Species //Trill

Homeworld //Trill

The appearances of things are deceptive

Mistral + UTC + 1 + 622 posts

I am interested as well, and I might be able to help. Not only do I have a professor (although there is a distinct lack of Security cadets), but also a senior cadet.

In fact, I need to do a bit of tutoring with Jeera in order to graduate, and Nelas should be able to do simulations on a regular basis, if only for stress-testing cadets.

Of course, our lovely admins have the last say in this, but I volunteer for hosting a scenario unless you would like something more official and plot-like. What would you like specifically?
PM
^
Cadet T'Rya
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 03:21 PM

Age //43.42

Height //1m78/5ft10"

Bday //Jul. 23rd

Species //Vulcan

Homeworld //Vulcan

Woohoo, glad to see the quick response! smile.gif

@ Bella: If you'd prefer to play Toz, we can wait until she has her cadet status, but an engineering cadet is certainly an asset whatever the scenario turns out to be.

@ Selah: I should stress that what I had in mind is more practical than the average bookworm would typically be fond of (though, bookworm or not, it's a required part of the training for any cadet). I'm thinking of a practical exercise, not a class or tutoring thread.

@ Mistral: It's up to you which one you would prefer playing between Nelas and Jeera (or both, if you're feeling like it). I was aiming at character development and general feel of what Academy training may be like, not necessarily any major plot-like thing. As I see things now, I think we can go broadly in two directions: either a simulation (perhaps using a holodeck) or something in exterior. The former would have our cadets deal with a to be determined emergency scenario (so more like a stress test), while the latter would put the accent more on orientation skills and "camping" in a harsh environment (I veto Antarctica, because I don't want my character to end up as a Vulcan popsicle). The former would be more in a ship/starbase-like setting, the latter more similar to an away mission.

@ Everyone: Feel free to chime in and say which of both options you'd prefer. smile.gif And if both are equally popular... Well, let's be crazy: we can make a sequel afterwards. wink.gif
PM
^
Cadet Jeera Kell
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 03:29 PM

Age //24

Height //5'8

Bday //13th December

Species //Trill

Homeworld //Trill

Both would work for me. Allow me to lean back and see what you guys would like to see smile.gif
PM
^
Cadet T'Rya
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 02:58 PM

Age //43.42

Height //1m78/5ft10"

Bday //Jul. 23rd

Species //Vulcan

Homeworld //Vulcan

Perfect, Mistral. smile.gif

@Everyone else: Seems like the choice is up to us. Do you have any preferences, or shall I flip a coin? wink.gif I've done a quick draft of the potential of each scenario in case it helps you make a choice:

- The holodeck simulation:
-> A shorter scenario (a few hours max) during which the characters have to react to a crisis, using their skills in their own field.
-> Each character will be assigned a specific place within the chain of command and has to act credibly and "in character" for that role.
-> The setting will probably be a starship/starbase.
-> In terms of character development, the main point will probably be that the characters will have to react to pressure and work together efficiently with people they don't know (much).

- The dropping in the middle of nowhere:
-> A longer scenario (several days, perhaps even up to a little over a week) during which the characters are dropped in the middle of nowhere, preferably in an environment that will pose some kind of difficulty.
-> Their objectives would be to pass a certain number of check points, to get acquainted with the camping gear they might have to use for away missions and to perform certain tasks linked to away missions (for example collect some kind of science data).
-> Again, each gets a role in chain of command and a number of tasks linked to their own field.
-> Perhaps a few surprises thrown in their way by the instructors who built the scenario to see how they react to the unexpected.
-> The character development opportunities are more varied, ranging from what they learn from being thrown in a less familiar environment and having to practice their skills to more day-to-day character interaction.

I've covered all I could think of, anyone who's interested can join the brainstorming to get this show on the road. smile.gif Hopefully none of it contradicts Academy canon, let me know if it does.
PM
^
Cadet Elaina Nolan-Harper
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 06:08 PM

Age //25

Height //5'7

Bday //19 Jun

Position //Computer Sciences Cadet

Species //Human

Homeworld //Earth

Coding's cool, y'know?

Chrissy + GMT + 71 posts

Oh wow, so I totally missed this post going up - thank you for putting it into the Discord! I definitely want to throw Elaina into the mix. I'm leaning towards a survival camp type scenario - a desert maybe or jungle, if you don't want cold? Somehow I think jungle would provoke some ... more amusing reactions XD

I would still definitely be up for a holodeck simulation as well, though, so whatever people want most smile.gif
PM EMAIL
^
Cadet T'Rya
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 10:45 AM

Age //43.42

Height //1m78/5ft10"

Bday //Jul. 23rd

Species //Vulcan

Homeworld //Vulcan

Hehe, it was about time the discord plotter was used. wink.gif

Let's go for survival camp, since Mistral doesn't seem to have a preference, Selah didn't comment and for Bella and me it would be the best way to get our characters out of their comfort zone. smile.gif

So in terms of characters that would give us:
- Elaina - Computer sciences
- Sophia - Medical
- T'Rya - Cultural studies/linguistics
- Jeera - Navigation/command or Nelas - Security/tactical
- Jussori - Engineering or Tozotx - Sciences

That's a pretty varied group, I'm sure we'll be able to come up with ways to use all of their skill sets. For the setting: jungle seems more fun to me (not to mention desert would be too easy with a desert species in the team. tongue.gif)
PM
^
Cadet Elaina Nolan-Harper
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 08:41 AM

Age //25

Height //5'7

Bday //19 Jun

Position //Computer Sciences Cadet

Species //Human

Homeworld //Earth

Coding's cool, y'know?

Chrissy + GMT + 71 posts

Sounds good - I'll look forward to it!
PM EMAIL
^
Cadet Jussori Zaydier
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 08:43 AM

Age //28

Height //5'3"

Bday //12/6

Position //Engineering Cadet III

Species //Betazoid-Iotian

Homeworld //Sigma Iotia II

Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of adventure, fine beer, brains and no fear

Bella + UTC +9:30 + 15 posts

Sounds good to me - can always toss in both characters if we need.
PM EMAIL
^
Cadet Jeera Kell
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 12:14 PM

Age //24

Height //5'8

Bday //13th December

Species //Trill

Homeworld //Trill

Au contraire, I have a preference wink.gif It seems to me though that in this case, the wishes of the players weigh more.

Alright, let me see what I can cook up.
PM
^
Cadet Jeera Kell
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 12:36 PM

Age //24

Height //5'8

Bday //13th December

Species //Trill

Homeworld //Trill

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

DIRECTORIES

| | | | RPG-D

STATIC AFFILIATES

APG | Maelstrom: You create the galaxy | | Sufficient Unto the Day | Preeminence: The galaxy is yours | A New Dawn: The galaxy is yours

| New Sith Brotherhood | FLAWED GENETICS | | Transformers Prime: Convergence |

Mutant Revolution Online MONSTRUM DIGITALIS